احباب الاردن التعليمي

النتائج 1 إلى 6 من 6

الموضوع: Wounded veterans take on extreme bike ride, finding support in unlikely places

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Mon Dec 2006
    الدولة
    السعودية
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Wounded veterans take on extreme bike ride, finding support in unlikely places

Wounded veterans take on extreme bike ride, finding support in unlikely places

A little over a year ago, Marc Esposito was finishing up his rehabilitation at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., after nearly being killed in an IED accident in Afghanistan.

"I came back from the war disabled, and was leaving Walter Reed in a wheelchair and back brace," Esposito says. "I wasn't able to really do anything. I didn't like it."

Fast forward one year later, Esposito was wrapping up the State Farm Sea to Shining Sea (S2SS), World T.E.A.M. Sports' inaugural 4,000 bike trek across America. This extreme ride took Esposito and 30 other wounded war veterans from coast to coast. And as you may have read in this previous post, not only did these riders face 4,000 miles, the S2SS group had only 11 days to rest throughout the entire journey, experienced triple-digit temperatures in Nevada, climbed more than 3,000 feet over 100 miles in five days in Colorado, cycled for 120-mile stretches at a time, and for some, pedaled by hand.

"If you had told me that this is what I'd be doing this summer, I never would have imagined it," Esposito says.

Actor Robin Williams, right, greets a group of injured veterans during the ride.
    CAPTION
    By Tony Avelar, AP Images for State Farm
    In addition to funding the entire ride, which wrapped up in July, State Farm's agents were on hand for the entire 63-day ride, serving as community coordinators, providing local information, helping with logistics and route planning, and rallying folks to turn out to celebrate the riders. From actor Robin Williams (see right photo) to Sen. Ben Nelson as they approached Lincoln, Neb., to Gov. Bill Ritter of Colorado as they biked from Colorado Springs to Denver, thousands turned up to cheer them on.

"It was absolutely amazing," Esposito says. "State Farm agents had rallied all of this support during the ride … in random towns … across the country. There would be people outside in their front yards cheering us on. One little girl even had the best tasting chocolate chip cookies ready for us. It made our day."

And when you're getting ready to climb yet another summit, this support can make all the difference.

"It gave me back hope," Esposito says. "Now I want to give this back to other injured vets … to encourage them to continue taking challenges and to help them feel the same. Riding across country hopefully inspired wounded warriors and all disabled Americans."

Check back tomorrow for continued coverage on how corporate America is making a difference in unexpected ways.

To keep up with the latest in philanthropy, follow Kindness on Twitter @USATKindness.

الاداره
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Tue May 2009
    الدولة
    الرايه الهاشميه حفظها الله
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Thanks for your efforts
    ليس من الصعب ان تصنع الف صديق فى سنة
    لكن من الصعب ان تصنع صديقا لألف سنة
    يكفيني فخرا انني ابن الرايه الهاشميه

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Sat May 2007
    الدولة
    أم الدنيا وارض الكنانه
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    Thank you for the dissemination of our

Gives you a wellness

[IMG]http://dc03.***********/i/01751/u674s73prh3c.gif[/IMG]

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Wed May 2009
    الدولة
    JORDAN
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى
    شكرا على الموضوع

:85o:

عضو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Wed Jun 2008
    الدولة
    صانعة رجال البواسل رجال الهيه المملكة الهاشمية
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Gives you a wellness
    Thanks for the news
    Delivered hands

Banned
    تاريخ التسجيل
    Wed Aug 2010
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Question my history

preceded by Where wow gold can I go to pay the nighttime then? Too, when I discharged it can not wow powerleveling lift change? Your willingness to publicize money buy wow gold to me. Impart you. At introductory I would like to diminish, because my history is ever to wow accounts desist (do to refrain) debt. Nevertheless, I reckon, I do not respect modification nonentity paw: one of Yang Piao Wushi a Terek - which after all is the action! Is not there when the cover wow gold protection of 2 m evil then treat it?

المواضيع المتشابهه

1. عطر polo red extreme, جديد عطر polo red extreme
    بواسطة ريحانة الوادي 1 في المنتدى المكياج و التسريحات و العطور
    مشاركات: 0
    آخر مشاركة: 17-05-2017, 02:54 PM
  2. King: Finding effective solutions to economic challenges top priority
    بواسطة محمد الحويطات في المنتدى World News in English
    مشاركات: 4
    آخر مشاركة: 03-05-2011, 08:51 AM

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة